RUEF general Meeting hosted by VDNH JSC was held on December 21, in Moscow.
RUEF Committees and RUEF Board of Directors Meetings took place before the opening of the Meeting on December 20.
The country’s officials, representatives of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation, the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs and leading trade associations took part in RUEF General Meeting.
RUEF President Sergey Alexeev officially opened the Meeting.
Dmitriy Mikhailov, Deputy Director General of VDNH JSC, greeted the delegates and made a report on the prospects of development of VDNH.
During the Meeting issues concerning the Union internal operation were discussed.
RUEF proudly welcomed its new members:
- INTERFORM DESIGN SPB Ltd., St.Petersburg
- RusJewellerExpert Ltd., St.Petersburg
- EBR group Ltd., Moscow
NeoNavigation Ltd. Moscow, and Petralum LLC., St.Petersburg, were expelled from RUEF members for default of payment of members’ subscription.
RESTEC EVENTS (Rate NW) LLC, St.Petersburg, withdrew from RUEF.
RUEF Logo was granted to the exhibitions “Technoforum”, Expocentre JSC., Moscow, and “Expo-1520», Business-Dialogue Ltd., Moscow.
RUEF Logo, earlier granted to the exhibitions “Intermebel” KazanskayaYarmarka JSC., Kazan, and “St.Petersburg International Energy Forum”, “RESTEC” Exhibition Company” Ltd., St.Petersburg, terminated.
RUEF members approved the report on the Union activities in 2017 delivered by RUEF Executive Director Liudmila Smorodova, the Plans of RUEF activities and financial and business operations in 2018 were approved.
The delegates discussed the Development Strategy of the Russian Union of Exhibitions and Fairs and decided to take the draft strategy as a basis for further adapting and approving.
The winners of two contests were announced and awarded at the Meeting. These are the contest of projects "The future of the exhibition industry in Russia. Time to change” and the photo and video contest devoted to GED17.
A remarkable event within the framework of the General Meeting was the panel discussion “The exhibition industry today: challenges and potential for growth” with RUEF President Sergey Alexeev as a moderator.
During the discussion, the speakers addressed the issues of the current state and perspectives of the world exhibition industry, latest economic developments in Russia, the government support programs of the exhibition industry, digitalization in the industry, and others.
The speakers included:
- Igor Nikolaev, professor of the Higher School of Economics, director of the Institute for strategic analysis, Moscow, with the review of the economic situation in Russia;
- Sergey Selivanov, head of exhibition department, the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation, Moscow, with the report "Role of the Ministry of Industry and Trade of Russia in the development of the exhibition and congress industry in the Russian Federation";
- Konstantin Evstyukhin, managing director for non-financial support of JSC "Russian Export Center", Moscow, who spoke about the cooperation of exhibition companies and the Russian export center in export of non-primary products;
- Andrey Maksimov, executive secretary of the CCI committee on exhibition and congress activity, Moscow, who informed the delegates about the CCI activities in promoting the exhibition business of Russia;
- Anatoly Danilov, deputy chairman of the CCI business security committee, Moscow, and Alexander Gerasin, general director of SpasInvest LLC, St. Petersburg, speaking on the topic of security in the industry of meetings;
- Evgeniy Fomin, acting general director of ANO Technoport, Moscow, and Boris Moshkovich, general director of the Moscow Export Center, who spoke about the results and prospects of the "Made in Moscow" program;
- Sergey Voronkov, the member of RUEF Presidium, general director of ExpoForum International LLC, St. Petersburg, with his presentation "To move ahead of trends for development. How digital helps the congress and exhibition company to optimize processes and get more profit ";
- Vladimir Tabachnikov, RUEF vice-president, general director of Kuzbass Fair, Novokuznetsk, presenting his company’s experience in introducing new lines of activity and improving the financial results of its work;
- Alexander Shtalenkov, General Director of ITE Expo, Moscow, and Andrey Levitan, the member of RUEF Presidium, general director of Expo-Volga, Samara, who spoke about their experience of attracting new companies for participating in exhibitions;
- Petr Gritsenko, the member of RUEF Presidium, general director of Baltik-Expo, Kaliningrad, who presented a report on the topic "Optimizing the prime cost of an exhibition event";
- Vera Ermilova, the member of RUEF Presidium, general director of Dalexpocentre, Vladivostok, who with her report on the development of RUEF cooperation with exhibition companies and industry associations of Asia-Pacific Region countries.
At the end of the day, a business meeting of exhibition organizers with representatives of industry associations took place. The topic was "How to increase the effect of exhibitions to promote national goods and services to the domestic and foreign markets". The business meeting was followed by a matchmaking session.
On December 22, for the participants of the General Meeting of the RUEF, fascinating excursions were held.
The General Meeting was completed by a varied interesting social programme.
Next RUEF General Meeting will be hosted by Expocentre JSC, Moscow, in June, 2018.
56 exhibition organizers; 25 service providers;
3 hall owners/managers only